DSA Labor Committee Vision
Our vision is an educated, empowered, and class-conscious labor movement at the vanguard of the fight for socialism in Pittsburgh.
DSA Labor Committee Strategy
In keeping with our mission to support advancing socialism through workplace organizing and actions, the Labor Committee will proceed with the following strategy:
- Educate individuals of the history and politics of the labor movement and its important role in building a free, democratic, and humane society
- Provide training and support to facilitate workplace organizing
- Empower members to be rank-and-file activists at their workplace through education and support
- Engage in solidarity actions with established unions in accordance with our coalition guidelines
- Establish class consciousness amongst the proletariat both within the DSA and in the community at-large.